Mission San Luis welcomes all visitors, and is committed to accessibility.
The National Center for Accessibility recognized Mission San Luis in their "Making the Grade" program, which recognizes the best ADA practices in parks, site and Museums. For the comfort of every visitor, accessibility is important at Mission San Luis. Mission San Luis has been recognized as fully compliant with ADA by the National Center on Accessibility. Our orientation video is closed captioned. The Visitor Center is pleased to offer exhibits and an audio tour in both English and Spanish.
At Mission San Luis, you will find the following:
- Parking: There are 4 designated accessible parking spaces located at the main entrance to the Visitor Center. There are no height restrictions for vehicles.
- Entrance: The Visitor Center’s main entrance is barrier free, with no exterior or interior steps.
- Elevator: There is an elevator to the second floor of the Visitor Center, where the classrooms are located.
- SunTrust Theatre: The SunTrust Theatre features a closed-captioned film introduction to the site. Wheelchair and companion spaces are available in the 125-seat facility.
- Public Restrooms: Accessible restrooms are available on both floors of the Visitor Center and in the auxiliary facility on the historic grounds. Both Men’s and Women’s facilities are equipped with baby changing tables.
- Orientation: Through the guidance of the Florida Division of Blind Services, we have installed touch elements in the orientation exhibit. Visitor brochures and a 193-page book on Mission San Luis are available in Braille. Wheelchairs are available; please reserve. With the exception of the Julia Munroe Woodward Nature Trail, all paths at San Luis are fully accessible.
Mission San Luis invites all visitors to experience life in the 17th century through its commitment to accessible facilities and programs.
If you have any questions, please call 850.245.6406.